What is the cause of periodic headache lasting a few seconds ?

What can cause these headaches? They re very brief (a few seconds), sharp, jolt-like pains in my right temple area. They re not extraordinarily painful, only somewhat so, because they re so brief. They re more uncomfortable and startling than anything. They don t happen all the time. Maybe only a few times per day. But sometimes, if I m lucky, they happen every two or three days. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having periodic headaches once in two to three days and sometimes more frequently.
These symptoms indicate primary headaches like migraine or cluster headache.

Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you