What is the cause of pain in the left side of the chest on lifting heavy objects ?

sir I am 48 years old male .I get pain at left side chest rib.the pain is not severe and not feeling inside .whenever i lift some weight I get pain .By rubbing pain balm it subside .I was doing weight lifting( improper procedure) in my young years .Past 10 years i feel this pain.When i came to know cholestrol ( TOTAl cho-225) I maintain it by diet .But now when it pains my fear increases as i became old.I did Echo, tread mil test DR said normal and this is muscle pain only.I want your suggestion.( I satisfy my self by rubbing balms pain subside means no way it is connected to heart .is it not? please clear my doubt.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012