What is the cause of mucus and blood from the rectum ?

I m having mucus and blood coming from my rectum without going to the bathroom. What is going on? Please ease my worries.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Feb 2012
Hi welcome to H.C.M.Forum. when you sit you are not getting stools but blood& mucous is coming. if it is the case you are having amoebic colitis\dysentry. for this you need to have antibiotic&anti amoebicides with the advise of a doctor. if you are getting it when you are not sitting it could be abscess in anal region, treat ment being same & may need drainage of pus. thank you.