What is the cause of intense and chronic abdominal pain in one diagnosed with fibromylagia and irritable bowel syndrome ?

Hi I wonder if you can shed some light on my collection of symptoms please. I have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and irritable bowel syndrome . I have been having a lot of abdominal pain and severe bloating (but not diarrhea or passing gas) which mainly occurs when I get up in the morning. I have actually watched my flat stomach abruptly inflate and then I have a sharp pain primarily down the center of my abdomen. It eases off if I lie back down again. I regularly have a sharp pain if I cough, sneeze , laugh hard or have a bowel movement. Twice I have had a strange episode where I have sudden pain and stiffness in my groin area, accompanied by sharp abdominal pain.(Both time were during my period - the sharp pain was not like menstrual cramps). In the last 5 months I have had two CT scans, a colonoscopy, a pelvic ultrasound, a gall bladder ultrasound, lots of blood tests and two stool tests. All that has turned up is that I have a slight vitamin D deficiency, a small umbilical hernia (probably from having my tubes tied) and endometrial hyperplasia (probably from my fibroid - not considered serious). I am taking 150 mg of Lyrica per day (gradually increasing to 300mg), am 47 yrs old, female, 207 lbs on a protein diet (protein shakes, 1 meal/ day meat and vegetables) recommended by my gastro-enterologist. I can t go back to work with this unpredictable, on-going abdominal pain. Taking an anti-spasmodic did not help. I have had symptoms on and off for 5 months or more, but it has been really bad for the past 6 weeks.Is all this really just IBS? Any advice is appreciated!
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012