What is the cause of increase in the wbc count ?

sorry for disturbing, what is the cause of high W.B.C test. some time my W.B.C raise high till 13000. could you please advise me any medicine.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Hi Anita,

Welcome to HCM.
Your total W.B.C. count is high. You have not mentioned your differential count.
Neutrophils, lymphocytes, eosinophils etc. are the different components. Which of these components is high, indicates the type of disease you have.
There is no common medicine to treat all kinds of diseases which could result in high W.B.C. count.
Specific disease condition has to be treated.
Consult a doctor who will diagnose your condition not only on the basis of Blood test results, but also on his personal examination findings as well as other investigation results and treat you accordingly.
Wish you speedy recovery.