What is the cause of hot, itchy, red rash on the skin ?

I recently started getting a red blotchy rash that is non raised, not itchy and the red blotches feel hot
Asked On : Mon, 6 Feb 2012

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
Skin conditions are difficult to diagnose without visualizing them. By your explanation i think it might be some allergy to cloths or ornaments, so might be insect bite or cellulitis (as you mention it is hot).
In any case i advice you to see physician, they will see in prescribe the appropriate drug.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further queries.
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear Karen..,
Thanks for choosing HCM.,
Red blotchy rash non raised and non itchy ,feel hot..,
usually due to Bacterial infection..,
If it is Allergy, itching must be there.,
Insect bite also have itchin, burning and feel hot..,
So it could be Bacteria..,
1) Cap. Cephalexin 500 mg 2 times daily for 5 days..,
2) Tab..Acyclofenac and para 2 times daily for 3 days..,
3) Tab..Levocetrizine daily night times..,