What is the cause of hiccups while eating, swallowing difficulty, low appetite and acidity ?

Hi, I have a problem while having food or any drink, I get hiccups quite often during those time feeling vomiting and breathlessness. difficulty in gulping the food, Less appetite and acidity quite often any time during the day or night . severe burning sensation in chest ( after a glass of water it becomes normal). seems like having Gastritis Please help
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
Dear Enquarer I think the condition you are suffering is called GORD (Gastri oesophegial reflux desease) Here what happens stomuch content mixed with stomach acid bounces to the throat through the food tube (Oesophagous) and that happens due to some problem at the junction of food tube and stomach. I think you should see your Doctor who may send you to a Gastroenterologist. You should have some special tests done eg Barium meal x-ray, Upper gastroendoscopy. There are treatments both medical and surgical. In the mean time please follow few advises. Do'nt eat too full, avoid hot greesy and spicy food, stop smoking if you smoke, and don't retire to bed shortly after the meal. Kindest regards.