What is the cause of getting persistent thick, brown stools ?

Hello Sir, I have been getting stools/motion in thick brown color everyday since 1 year. I don t have any other kinds of health problems. I have good health. Please advise if there is any issue/ symptom for any thing. Thank you reddy
Asked On : Mon, 6 Feb 2012

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
Color of stools depends on many things, as you are mentioning it is thick brown, it might be due to food that you are eating.
I don't think you need to worry regarding this, unless you have any other associated illness.
I think you might be having spicy food that may be responsible, i advice you to try less spicy food for few days and see is there any change in color.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further queries.