What is the cause of frequent UTI's in a woman having a history of kidney infection ?

Hi, I m 27yo and have a history of UTIs. I have been admitted to hospital before for a Kidney infection and left with kidney scaring. I currently have what I think is a UTI and have been to the doctor twice. Have been prescribed 2 different medications and still having symptoms. I have to go to work and its extremely frustrating. Its not an STD, I drink plenty of water, I do everything that is required when you are suffering an UTI. Can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011