What is the cause of foam coming from mouth and nose ?

I woke up this morning with lots and lots of foam coming from my mouth and nose . My wife woke me up to see if i was ok, When I got up I blew a lot of foam from my nose and rinsed my mouth out. When I looked in the mirror i could see trails of foam from both my nose and mouth down the side of my face , Any ideas what could have caused this? It is the first time it has ever happened.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Dear mike, welcome to hcm.
it seems from the history that the saliva and the breathing air would hav mixed and produced such a picture after consuming some unusual food stuff that night and causing acute gastritis.
kindly consult a Physician if the symptoms recur.
thank you:-)