What is the cause of fever with fits in child and will the fits subside with fever ?

Sir, My child 22 months old got fever two weeks before and taken to hospital there he got fits for half a minute then we joined in the hospital undergone various blood tests like malaria , CBP, CUV, Initially plate let count is 0000 and there after reduced upto 0000 after 10 days platelet count reached to 0000 after giving artersunate falcigo (zydus cadila) injection 20mg five doses.Now he is active apart from little bit weakness. Our doctor suggested us to use fresium 5 half tablet twice day during the continuance of fever. Lastly we have taken blood test for typhoid also which is negative. Malaria is also negative. He is now continuing little bit cough and cold . What happend to my child? is it normal to get fits? what we have to do if fits recure hereafter?.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012