What is the cause of erectile dysfunction ?

sir i am 32 years old man having sextual problems. my penis is not getting hard sometimes when i going to sex with my wife. whats d problem?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Feb 2012
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Almost every adult in his life time experiences some difficulty in erection at some or other time.When a person experiences difficulty in erection for more than 25% of times then the problem is called ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION OR ED.It can be caused by various diseases like Diabetes,advanced atherosclerosis,chronic alcoholism,after prostate surgery or spinal surgery etc.It can be caused by medicines like antihypertensives,antidepressants,antihistaminics etc.Psychological reasons like stress,anxiety about sexual performance on earlier occasions,extremely busy life,obesity,lack of exercises etc.Go for regular exercises,reduce weight,stop alcohol and smoking,meditation,discussion with your partner etc.If these methods don't work then consult your doctor.Thanks and good luck.