What is the cause of elevated levels of AST and ALT with weight gain during pregnancy ?

Hello. I am a 28 yrs old female, no health issues in the past and have recently gained 20 lbs. I am 3 months pregnant and took a blood/urine test for my life insurance . It came back as AST:53, ALT:133. I am going to the doctors today to run more tests. What can cause this? I have been taking prenaital vitamins (extra iron and folic acid ) for the last 5 months. Could it be the extra iron? Could it be the 20 lbs I gained in the last year? My last liver test was in November 2011 and those results were normal. I am 5 6 about 200 lbs. My BMI is 32.3. If it is a fatty liver , what can I do to reduce thee numbers while I am pregnant? Please help! Thank you so much.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012