What is the cause of constipation and giddiness post intake of Vidagliptin ?

I am a dibetic patient for the last 20 years.Initially I was taking diamiocron tabs. Along the way i took so many other drugs also . Now i am taking diabetrol SR. 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. that is about 2000 mg metformin since my sugar level did not come down my doctor prescribed Vidagliptin tabs[ zomelis 50 mg] along with diabetrol I have a giddy feeling. Please tell me about the sideeffects of this drug if any..another probem is constipation . Is it ok to continue this medicine
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012