What is the cause of breathlessness, sinus and an irritated throat which isn't bronchitis ?

Something really wierd is going on. My mother (55 yrs) has been sick for 2 months. Lots of sinus , difficulty breathing, and a really irritated throat . She s lost like 20 pounds! she was unable to eat solid foods for a while because she was having difficulty swallowing . One thing I know for sure it s not bronchitus because she s had that before and she says it s completely different from that. We ve made various improvements to our mobile home because of her. We removed the carpets, put the dogs outside, paid $1700 to get the air ducts cleaned. Still sick. What could it be?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011