What is the cause of bouts of dizziness and lightheadedness post aortic valve replacement surgery and a pacemaker ?

myh husband had aortic valve replacement surgery 1/19/12.....since then he has had bouts of dizziness and lightheadedness with 5 separate serious dizzy spells which brought us to the hospital 3 weeks ago a pacemaker was inserted with hopes this would help. However, he is still having frequent dizzy spells and yesterday a serious one with shortness of breath and clammy sweating of arms. any ideas on thisl? we have been under good care and respect our doctors but none seem to know why he experiences this. He had none of this before was done after one serious near fainting episode which showed the aortic valve problem. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Oncologist 's  Response
Possibly your husband had developed 3rd degree heart block after aortic valve replacement for which pace maker was instialled. I hope it is a demand pace maker. Possibly the timings are not adjusted. you need to visit the interventional cardiologist who implanted the pace maker along with company trained technologist who supplied the pace maker to get it properly timed. Once done the problems will go.
General & Family Physician Dr. Abid's  Response
Hi there...
Frequent dizzy spells need evaluation toi check carotid artries because often stenosis of carotid artries can be associated with dizzy spells,i will suggest him to get doppler study of his carotid artries.Carotid supply blood to brain get doppler and proceed further.