What is the cause of boils on the head of a 3 month old ?

My daughter is 3 months old n she has boils on her head ,is it a matter of concern
Asked On : Tue, 6 Mar 2012
Welcome to HCM
First I would like to inform you that in this age group many boil like lesion may occur and treatment is depends on the type of lesion.In most of cases no treatment is needed as most of them are normal.But sometimes scalp may be infected by some fungus(due to improper hygiene) which needs local treatment.
So I request you to visit to your pediatrician for a checkup .
Thanking you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pradeep G Naik's  Response
Dear , By the description given by you, it seems that it is MILIA (distended sebaceous glands) seen in many of the newborns. they are known to disappear spontaneously. However, even if they persist after this summer, I kindly request you to consult a Paediatrician (Child specialist) during the next Immunisation to the baby.