What is the cause of bitterness in mouth and cramping under breast bone ?

I I started all of a sudden feeling a bitter taste in my mouth with some cramps under my breastbone , also having a dry mouth with the feeling of something stuck in my throat.I ve been under great stress for the past two years lost my mum my brother had a car accident and was in a coma I have three kids and my baby girl is 1 year and I m nursing her. The doctor gave me zantac . 150 once at night for one week yet I still had the dry mouth and sometimes the bitter taste he gave me yesterday controloc 20 once a day with the zantac .I m so worried will it go away is it serious anf for how long to go on with the medication
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012