What is the cause of a bruise on my left leg ?

This afternoon my leg felt like I had bruised it but cannot remember knocking it but now I have noticed a red area forming on my lower leg next to my shin and it feels like a lump is forming also
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your query, it seems that you might have suffered from soft tissue injury.
You can take anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen twice a day after meals along with an antacid.

Other possibility can be an insect bite for which you can add an antihistamine like Fexofenadine 120 mg along with the above medications.

You should get yourself first clinically examined before starting any medication.

I hope this is helpful to you.