What is the cause for white bump in my eye ? How can It be treated ?

I had a white bump on my eye it was there for 3 years and didn t hurt so I didn t care. But then my vision got a bit funny and my eye shape looked different to the other one in a photo. I didn t do anything before cause I didn t know what to do. I found a dermatologist who used a laser machine and got rid of it in 15minutes. He doesn t speak English and I don t speak Korean which is where I am. So I want to know cause it s so close to the eye. Did I do permanent damage by leaving it for so long? What is the after care I should give it? It looks all flat now but there is still a white spot where it was.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012