What is the cause for unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia and high ALT ?

My father has been admitted to hospital with jaundice . He has unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia and high ALT. He is also severely anaemic and in one day his haemoglobin levels dropped from 13 to 5. He had 4 units of blood to cater for this. He has high iron levels but otherwise blood tests are normal. He also has sciatica . Nobody can figure out what the problem is. He does not have enough energy to stand up and walk. He has had an xray and ultrasound both of which were normal. The next step is CT scan and bone marrow biopsy. Do you have any ideas what may be causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Aug 2011