What is the cause for sore, red, peeling smelly patches in the armpit ?

Hi, I am a healthy 29 year old white women and have never had skin problems before. I have sore , red, peeling, smelly patches on my left armpit only.There is also some smelly whitish stuff there as well, which I don t think is peeling skin. I stopped using lotion and deodorant and stopped shaving when I first noticed it, several weeks ago, it s gotten worse and more painful since. It doesn t itch, it just hurts. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong? Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011