What is the cause for my 2 year old grandson to pass yellow smelling stools ?

My grandchild is 2 yrs old at the moment not eating a great deal, just chews and spits out the food. he has started with diarrahoe yesterday has runny yellow sour smelling stools and yesterday went to the toilet about 7 times. He doesn t seem to be in any pain and slept through last night from 7.00 to 7.00am this morning but woke up with very runny yellow sour smelling stools again. My son gave him some rice this morning and just boiled water. What could be the problem.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Rehydrate with ors and take care of proper hygeine. If milk bottle is still in use boil it thoroughly