What is the cause for hot sensation in my stomach ?

i sit propped up in bed wih a pillow on my lap and a computer on the pillow. my abdomen has been getting a hot feeling and i thought it was from the comp. now it is doing it all the time. i even have been putting an ice pack on it and sometimes sleeping with it and it doesnt seem to help. what is causing this hot sensation on my stomach. it seemed like it was just my lower abdomen by my belly button but now it is there and kind of includes my whole abdomen.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jan 2011
Welcome to heathcare magic
You may be suffering from hyperacidity. Applying ice will not help as the problem is inside your stomach not outside. Try taking an antacid , if it helps its is confired that this is due to hyperacidity.
1. Watch what you eat, do not eat heavy/fatty/ too spicy meals.
2.Drink plenty of water.
3.Milk helps a lot.
4.Take meals on time, even in an empty stomach there is some acid.
5.Do not lie down/sleep immediately after a meal. It takes 1 1/2 to 2 hrs , for your food to pass from stomach to the intestines.
6. Avoid keeping you computer/laptop on your abdomen. Pressure may only worsen your complaints.

Try these , if not helpful , see a doctor personally.