What is the cause for abdominal pain after the insertion of tampons?

hi while having my last period i tried using tampons and it hurt my lower abdomen when it inserted it and even when i took it out it still hurt. its been a couple of days now and when i sit down i still get pain going from my bottom to my tummy and im not wearing a tampon, why it this?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Jun 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Tampon is not a natural thing. So you insert something that does not belong to your body. Sometimes it can cause an irritation or even an inflammation of the uterine or urinary tract infection.
Pain while inserting a tampon can be also a symptom of uterine cancer.

With urinary tract infection you may also have frequent urinating and burning while urinating.

Uterine infection can gives bad smelling discharge.

I suggest you to consult gynecologist, have transvaginal ultrasound. Urine analysis should be also done.

Hope this will help.
Regards.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.