What is the cause and remedy for sore lump on the side of the skull and neck in a child ?

My daughter has a lump (half a ping pong ball sized) at the lower right side of her skull which has been there a while, but has become sore. She now has a lump on the right side of her neck just where the shoulder scoops up to become the neck....any suggestions please. She is a little toughy and never complains, but she says this is sore and it hurts when she moves her head and neck . Thank you Kim McLaughlin
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012