What is the cause and remedy for red,itchy bumps on the body post any outdoor activity ?

Hi, every time I went to do outdoor activity such as trekking/hiking, snorkeling / swimming , I ended up getting this red itchy bumps usually with small yellow dot in the middle after a few days... It usually started with an light itchy feeling...then the spot where I felt itchy starting to have small dots around 1 days...then It gets really itchy (even when I m not scratching ) and the dots gets bigger into a red bumps ...around 2-3 days usually there s some yellow dot / eyes in the middle of the red bump...then on the 4th/5th day, usually some of the yellow dot popped... I lived in a tropical country, and I went to the doctor several times (general till dermatologist ), usually they ll give me some oral medicine along with some ointments...but I don t think they actually worked...most of the time the oral medicine is effective that is until the medicine is finished and the itch starts to show up again... nowadays, whenever I got these itches, I ll let them be for around 2-3 weeks and they ll get better, but I have to endure 2-3 weeks of itch and when they re gone, sometimes it still felt itchy but without the red bump all over (esp @ night) More information, I started to have this problem when I was in university after a camping event (before that I was fine when doing outdoor activity). I m asking because I just got back from a trip and I got these itches again which is really disturbing and the doctors here in Indonesia doesn t seems to be able to cure this condition I have. Is there anything I could do to prevent or to make these itchy red bumps disappear? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012