What is the cause and remedy for pain and swelling on the wrist and fingers ?

Hi doctor, I AM 54 YRS OLD INDIAN WOMEN ,I PREVIOUSLY HAD A PROBLEM OF PAINS AT JOINTS OF HANDS AND LEGS,IT WAS SO NASTY THAT SOMETIMES I CANT EVEN MOVE THEM .I HAVE USED PAINKILLERS FOR A WHILE AND LATER TURNED UP TO AYURVEDA MEDICINE AND STILL CONTINUING WITH THEM,BUT FROM PAST 1-2 MONTHS ONLY MY FINGERS AND WRIST OF BOTH HANDS ARE GETTING SEVERELY AFFECTED,I CANT MOVE THEM FREELY(ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNING) AND HAS PAIN WITH SWELLINGS. PLEASE SUGGEST ME ? CAN I CONSULT GENERAL PHYSICIAN OR ....? PLEASE LET ME KNOW ? I WANT TO GET RID OF THIS TERRIBLE PAIN AND SWELLING?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012