What is the cause and remedy for one sided facial pain post medications for herpes zoster ?

I had been diagnosed with Herpes Zoster for which I have completed yesterday - 10 days dose of: Famciclovir - 500mg * thrice daily, Paracetamol -1000 mg thrice daily, Gabapentin (300mg) + Methylcobalamin (500 mcg) combo - thrice daily. My symptoms have improved quite a bit - sores have dried, swelling is not there, but there continues to be some pain in my (only right side of my face): ear, jaws and gums. I would like advice and opinion re the pain that persists - how come after full medication it continues and should I be continuing the medication ? Can someone please advice.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012