What is the cause and remedy for frequent cold sores ?

I want to about what can be the cause of frequent cold sores and how to treat them.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Feb 2012
hello welcome to healthcare magic , cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus 1 which is found in a large number of persons. The virus remains in your body and and can be reactivated in times of stress or if you have the cold or flu; in some persons excess exposure to sunlight can activate them.
The medication that is available decreases the symptoms and may shorten the duration but will not cure the disease. One of the more commonly available medications is acyclovir which is available in topical or oral form.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello welcome to Healthcare magic,as you are curious about the cause of cold sore -is a viral infection, contagious in nature,may spread with kiss also,it remain in our body in latent phase,may remain active as soon as we-got flu ,exposed to sunlight for long period,our immune system is low,trauma,during meanustration or we are stressed,as all other viral infection are treated ,it also has the same-with anti viral drugs,& symptomatic,pl contact dermatologist,it is a controllable disease