What is the best way to make it as pain free as possible ?

My 11 year son just got diagnosis with type 1. I am going to give his first injection tonight ? What is the best way to make it as pain free as possible. yes he was taught how to do it, but this our first time really doing it and he is scared to death Thank you so very much, it was hard but he wanted to do it himself and did a good job.After all the crying he said it really did hurt to bad.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Insulin shuld be given subcutaneous route. You can practice giving it using ainsulin needle and a lemon or and orange. Ask your doctor to show you the correct technique. Practice it well, and then give to your son using a new insulin syringe. It will not pain that much when given subcutaneous.