What is the best treatment to cure panic attacks and anxiety ?

hi ....i m 29 yrs old unmarried female suffering from anxiety n i get panic attacks the age of 16 , i took some height gaining medicines a consequence of which i started getting severe panic attacks ..i took anti -depressants for years together but the moment i stopped taking those medicines , there was a relapse ...although now i m off medicines for almost a year now , i get those attacks at times i dont want to take anti-depressants again ...i have hypothyroid which is under control ...i take 12.5mcg thyronorm ...i want to know if there has been an imbalance in my hormones , which of my hormones have been effected due to which i get these attacks ...? which hormone specialsit shd i consult ? what is the best possible treatment that i can get ? waiting 4 a reply ...thanx
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011