What is the best relief for phorisos in the scalp?

What is the best relief for phorisos in the scalp? its driving me mad especially when I'm in bed. I've tried just about everything at this stage.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Report to a dermatologist and ask for treatment options like PUVA, topical steroids, etc.

General & Family Physician Dr. Andrew Rynne MD's  Response
Hi there. Thank you for your question to Healthcaremagic. You are going to need a steroid containing scalp lotion to use three times a day for a while until your scalp psoriasis settles down. To control the itch, I would also suggest an antihistamine tablet to be taken a hour before retiring. For maintenance I would use a tar containing shampoo such as Polytar Shampoo.

If it can get through - if your hair is thin, UVF light treatment would also help. Thanks.

Andrew Rynne.