What is the best medicine for de worming ?

My 16 month old suddenly grinds her teeth often, does that mean she needs to be dewormed and what medicine should I use to do this
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jul 2011
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

No.. no medications is needed.. this is not the age to deworm... and its not necessary to deworm all child, only if the child is not feeding wel, underweight, anemia, only then deworming will be done....that too 16 month is very young...
Hope I have answered your question..

Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob , sudden grind of teeth is not sign of worms in abdomen. may be this is type of seizure, for diagnosis we need complete history n examination so consult with your doc rule out the cause n start proper treatment.
Dr aseem 9982583020
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello sam;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
One of the common symptom of worm infestation in children is grinding of teeth so you need to deworm your child.At 16 months of age you can give syrup-Zentel (Albendazole) 5 ml (5ml contains 200mg ) which is the required dose for the age of your child.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hi, grinding teeth or bruxism is a habit disorder which is common in ur child teething?anyways its not related to deworming at all.if u still want to,u can giv syp zentel 5ml single dose.maintain good oral hygiene too!