What is the antidote for Dapsone poisoning ?

Hi doctor whats the antidote to dapsone poisoning
Asked On : Sat, 13 Aug 2011
Welcome to HCM
REad your prob, symptoms of depsone poisoning are nausea vomiting,headach drowsiness, cynosis, n convulsion. nausea n vomiting can be treated by diphenhydramin, multi dose of activated charcol given to patients, methylene blue also be given to improve cynosis.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response

Long-term administration of dapsone in patients usually results in methemoglobinemia which is not clinically significant.

The hemotoxicity of dapsone is not caused by the drug , but by its metabolites.

There is no specific antidote ,only symptomatic management of methemoglobinemia with methyline blue & folic acids can be done

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”