What is the action of prinivil? High blood pressure. Low sodium level. Weakness in the knee, pressure headache. Have diabetes

How does Prinivil work in the body? This drug was recommended for a recent increase in systolic Bp (range 145/75 to 185/85--average 155/80). My sodium is 133 and potassium 3.9. but I am concerned because my sodium is below the average range and the dr. said to reduce my salt intake to at least 2300mg or less. The last 6 weeks I have had increased fatigue , heart palpitations, chest pains (heart was checked out and all normal), shakes and weak in knees sometimes, difficulty holding concentration, pressure headache much of the time, general feeling of being ill. I am also a type 2 diabetic but my numbers are good on oral medications.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013