What is remedy for shoulder pain ?

i have pain in right hand upper arm near shoulder and not able to lift my right hand up and in back position
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear
welcome to healthcaremagic
YOur symptoms seems to be case of frozen shoulder
Actually The Ayurvedic treatment of frozen shoulder is aimed at treating stiffness and pain and preserving the mobility of the shoulder joint. Medicines like Yograj-Guggulu, Triphala-Guggulu, Kaishor-Guggulu, Sinhanaad-Guggulu, Maha-Rasnadi-Guggulu and Punarnavadi-Guggulu are used to reduce the inflammation in the shoulder joint.
Application of herbal medicine then Application of heat to the shoulder joint is also quite helpful in reducing pain and stiffness.
Thanks
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear, its frozen shoulder, which needs exercise more than medicine. also get your blood sugar checked, since it occurs commonly in diabetics.Consult your homoeopath and also a physiotherapist who will teach u the exercises..all the best.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vikram Singh Yadav's  Response
Pain in shoulder when lifting arm can be due to numerous reasons varying from arthritis, to calcification in the tendons or injury to the joint. Give complete rest and visit an orthopaedics surgeon near you. Till your visit you can have analgesic, skeletal muslce relaxants, and calcium tablets.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Try with Tab. Yograj Guggul 2 tabs twice a day Tab. Godanti Vati 2 tabs twice a day Tab. Tribhuvan Kirti 1 tab thrice a day Also Warm Mahanarayan Oil should be used for massaging
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
you are having frozen shoulder and i advice you to have tab. myostaal and triodasahng guggul. locally also apply myostaal oint.
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Shoulder pain can be due to varied reason depending upon age ,profession,exercise habit extra .You should do wheel exercise for shoulder regularly that is the best.Rotating the shoulder.Get X-ray right shoulder done .In old age arthritis is more common .In younger age arthralgia can be due to muscle pull ,spasm .So with simple analgesic & wheel exercise your problem should be relieved.Disclaimer
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum. You may be suffering from frozen shoulder. If you have been using the computer for long hours this can lead to stiffness in the joint. Try applying ice packs on the shoulders and take some muscle relaxants. Your doctor will advise you on some exercises after the pain has resolved. Take care