What is pulse rate?

What is pulse rate?.My age is 38 years. My pulse rate always between 90 and 100. Is it normal? if not what could be the problem?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The rhythmic pulsations that are felt on the peripheral arteries of the body is known as pulse.. The rate of this pulsation over a minute is referred to as pulse rate... This is an indirect measure to the heart rate.. Measuring the heart rate can help in the cardiac status and other systemic status of the body.. The normal pulse rate is any where between 60 to 100 per minute.. Lower than 60 is bradycardia and higher than this is tachycardia and both are abnormal.. Hence pulse rate between 90 to 100 is normal if they are regular and good volume..