What is prune ? my child is constipated since last one year

What is prune my 3 years old child is constipated since last one year i`ve read prune juice r best can u explain what it is ?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Prunes (shakarpala) are dried plum(alubukhara).
but i would suggest you that:
1) u should give your child plenty of water. 10-15ml i.e. 2-3 sips of water every half hourly.
2)instead of any fruit juices, give her fruits directly, if possible wtih peels.
3)also with it make her a habit of going for motions at a fixed time. even if she doesn't get feeling of motions make her go, this will set her biological clock, and eventually after a week she may start with urge to motions at that time.
4) good meals.
5) along with this give her homoeopathic medicine bryonia 200 once a week dose for a month.
take care, Happy parenting. :-)
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
dont try any new stuff with your little child. modify her diet first. give her lot of fruit juices, something like tomato juice will be of great help. encourage her to take plenty of green leafy vegetables which will help her constipation. plenty of water as well. if nothin works out then can go for medications but it has to be given for a long time like 6 months or so for he to get better.