What is polycystic ovarian syndrome and how can it be prevented or treated ?

I am 26/f with hypothyroidism . I take 137 mcg of livothroid daily. I had a miscarriage in June 2011. After 2 cycles of mensuration I am trying to conceive now. I was testing my ovulation and it showed that I ovulated on September 21 and 22. The dates are completely different from what the ovulation prediction calendars have shown with my cycle length of 37. I ovulated almost 5 days later that what the ovulation predictors have said. I am concerned if I have PCOS because of my period cycles. I am overweight but I dont have any high blood pressure or diabetes. After my first miscarriage I started having hair on my stomach, chin, upper lip. My question is should I be really concerned about PCOS? What can be done to make sure that I dont have PCOS?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Sep 2011