What is pantosec d tablet used for ?

I had fever & cold. doctor gave me pantosec-D.can u tell me what it does ?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Pantosec D is to prevent and treat acidity and reflux and motility disorder usually prescribed to treated the described conditions or along with antibiotics and pain-killer medicines to prevent acidity or gastritis etc.
Thank you
Infertility Specialist Dr. Meenakshi Rastogi's  Response
The mentioned tablet is to reduce any acidity which can be caused by the other medicines commonly prescribed for cold. Sometimes antibiotics and other drugs cause gastric irritation. Sometimes patient due to lack of appetite does not eat proper meals so these drugs are prescribed to reduce any heartburn. Take care.

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Pantosec.d contains pantoprazole which is an antacid and domeperidone which is anti emetic .it can be given for any condition associated with acidity or vomiting.Also given along with some antibiotics to prevent their side effect.
thank you

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.