What is myocardial ischemia ?

My grandma was diagnosed with this. What is it? (Try and keep it simple) -Thanks!!
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Thoracic Surgeon 's  Response
heart itself gets less blood supply & for want of oxygen & food it cries.take care of your grandma
Myo refers to muscle, cardial to heart and ischemia to decreased oxyzen situation. Put it all together --- there is decreased oxyzen supply to muscles of heart . Now we need out heart to keep pumping blood at all times. Severity of the problem depends upon extent and duration of oxygen deprivation. Her doctor can give you details specific to grandma's heart. Hope it helps. Take care of your grandma.