What is my current heart status ?

what is LHV with antero-lateral wall hypokinesia,diastolic dysfunction &58%LV EF Age is 52 yrs, gender female. Taking treatment for high B.P & DIABETIC.the above was finding of echo color doppler test.CHOL/HDL Ratio 4.4,LDL/HDL Ratio3.9 CHOLESTEROL217,Direct LDL CHLESTEROL145 Please tell me the present status of problem
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi and welcome to healthcare magic. well your high blood pressure made your left ventricle ( the main pumping portion of heart) to pump against the high pressure and thus has become hypertrophied...just like any other muscle built strong with heavy exercise, this is compensatory response for your high blood pressure. BUT THIS IS JUST TRANSIENT BECAUSE THEN THE LONGER THE BLOOD PRESSURE IS HIGH THE MORE THE HEART HAS TO WORK AGAINST EXTRA RESISTANCE AND THUS THERE IN FUTURE IS A CHANCE THAT IT MAY FAIL OUT... you should keep your blood pressure controlled very optimally. you have additional risk factors like diabetes and deranged cholesterols... strict sugar control and keeping low than normal ( as you are diabetic) cholesterol is mandatory. your heart is working more and thus has to consume more oxygen than if you has controlled blood pressure , so there is compromise of the muscle movements AS SEEN ON ECHO..ANTEROLATERAL WALL HYPOKINESIA.... this indicates that the blood supply to that portion of the heart is reduced due to stress of uncontrolled BP , thus it is mandatory to see a cardiologist who may advise a stress test ETT , so that ischemia/angina can be ruled out , if present treated accordingly..ideally an ANGIOGRAPHY TO BE PERFORMED TO SEE THE STATUS OF ALL YOUR HEART BLOOD VESSELS AND SEE THE EXTENT OF NARROWING IN IT THAT IS CAUSING THIS HYPOKINESIA. PEOPLE WITH DIABETES ARE 4 TIMES MORE PRONE TO HAVE ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE. TAKE CARE AND FOLLOW UP WITH A CARDIOLOGIST . THANKS
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Santosh, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
I think you mean LVH which means Left Ventricular Hypertrophy. It is enlargement of the muscle tissue that makes up the wall of the heart's main pumping chamber that is left ventricle.
It develops in response to high blood pressure, that requires the left ventricle to work harder. As the workload increases, the walls of the chamber grow thicker, lose elasticity and eventually may fail to pump with as much force as a healthy heart.
It is more common in Hypertensives and People with other heart problems. She is also having a Ejection Fraction of 58%, which is a measurement of the percentage of blood leaving the heart each time it Pumps. A normal LV ejection fraction is 55% to 70%. Other than this she has Dyslipidemia which is High cholesterol. She needs a thorough evaluation by a Cardiologist so that she can be Prescribed Medications. She needs to avoid high calorie foods and eat healthy nutritious balanced diet like Fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. She needs to go for regular brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily. This will keep her BP, Blood Sugar and Cholesterol under fairly good control.

I wish her Good Health, Take Care.
Cardiologist, Interventional Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal's  Response
as ur hypertensive, Diabetic and high cholesterol and u ve not mentioned ur weight u should consult cardiologist.
becoz the cholesterol levels should be less in diabetic than non diabetic.
and if possible TMT also to be done.
be healthy