What is elbow joint effusion ?

what is elbow joint effusion Age -33 years weight-105 height-5 \8
Asked On : Thu, 22 Sep 2011
Hello.Welcome.You must get a diagnostic tap and MRI of your elbow to see whether this effusion is inflammatory or traumatic.Only then line of treatment can be decided.Good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If you got injury on elbow joint causing swelling and pain is called tennes elbow.
Give rest to the part by giving sling support,
Take anti biotic and anti inflammatory medicine course.
If after treatment there is no improvement then consult orthopedic and go for aspiration of exudates,blood or pus.
ok and bye.