What is dns ?

what is dns?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. DNS stands for Deviated Nasal Septum.. Nasal septum is the bony-cartilaginous septum that is located in between the two nostrils.. Structurally its is straight and is centrally located.. Often, it can get deviated either due to trauma or since birth leading to reduced passage among one of the nostrils.. This condition is refered to as Deviated Nasal Septum or DNS...

Pulmonologist Dr. Akashdeep Singh's  Response
DNS:- Deviated Nasal Septum
DNS:- Dextrose Normal Saline
DNS:- Domain Name System
Hi, I am Dr Sonia S V. I am an ENT Surgeon[Specialist in diseases of the Ear ,Nose ,Throat and Head and Neck Surgery] practicing in Bangalore ,India.
DNS or deviated nasal septum refers to a condition in which the nasal septum separating the two halves of the nose is deviated. It can lead to a number of symptoms including nose block, headache , nasal discharge , mouth breathing , snoring, bad breath, dry mouth , reccurent throat pain etc. Treatment depends on the severity and symptoms and may be medical or surgical. Surgical treatment is called septoplasty and is now being increasingly done endoscopically.

Dr Sonia Suprabha Venugopal
Consultant ENT Surgeon , Head & Neck Specialist,Bangalore
ENT Specialist Bangalore