What is cathartic colon? Using laxatives continuously. Symptoms of incomplete evacuation, abdominal pain. Treatment?

Hi. I was interested in finding out more about cathartic colon . I have taken laxatives every day for 3-4 years. Most recently I take 10 senokat tablets per day. I exhibit the symptoms described on many sites and find that incomplete evacuation and abdominal pain are practically daily. I often now have to use suppositories in addition. I wanted to know how best to treat this and where the leading doctors for this field are in Sydney and the UK. Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013