1. You haven't told whether your grandmother is in stage of reversible renal failure
or in End Stage Renal disease
, (ESRD) because if it's reversible than dialysis
is necessary till the renal function improves, while in ESRD patient can have choice of 'maintenance dialysis' or kidney transplant
2. despite of Urea and Creat. report you have not mentioned about any other blood profile for which dialysis has to be started like:
ii. low Hemoglobin
level,BUN, urine examination, Blood sugar,Albumin level,Edema?
3. Renal Failure told by doctors is Chronic or Acute, please specify?
4. Renal Failure is a salt losing condition,so salt can be given but if BP is high take salt in moderate amount, i.e. less use of (papad,paneer,ghee,oil,pickles,pop-corn,namkeen,namkeen biscuits.
5. because creatinine
level is high, avoid Proreins in diet, however biological protein (essential amino acids) through intravenous line can be given if required
6. fats and carbohydrates can be given in normal quantity.
7. Restrict or avoid Potassium like banana,tomato,fruit juices,coconut water, papaya, grapes, potato.
8. Calcium is to be given (guava,milk,Sitaphal)
9. Monitor blood urea and S.Creatinine regularly.
10. If there is no increase in hemoglobin level with medicine, probably it is resistant to Iron therapy, consult for Erythropoetin Injection.
11. with transplantation
, firstly one has to deal with Tissue Rejection, and if succeed then one has to give Immunosuppressants which have serious side effects.
12. Ayurvedic Medicines/Herbs should be started as Adjuvant and should not replace regular treatment, and also your Physiciaan should be informed about the same.
-have a watchful eye and don't go for further dos and donts.