What is antiretroviral therapy ? Can it treat AIDS ?

is there any therapy for AIDS based on inhibition on envelope gp 160? if so please name the medicines used for it
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jan 2011
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
HI
ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY MEANS ANTIVIRAL DRUG USED TO KILL HIV OR RETROVIRUS ,IT CHECKS AND TREAT AIDS DEFINITELY MANY MEDICINES LIKE NNRTIS,NRTIS ,PROTEASE INHIBITOR TREAT VIRUS REPLICATIONS.THERAPY TO KILL GP160 ENVELOP ANTIGEN IS USED TO MAKE VACCINES TO Mnufacture VACCINE which is under trail
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Envelopegp160 can be inhibited with the help of gene therapy. presently there are no such drugs available in the market although these drugs are under trials and may soon be available for public use if the clinical trials phase I and II are successful.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drtayalrakhi@gmail.com