What is an enlarged right ventricle & its treatment ?

I have been diagnosed with tricuspid regurgitation and an enlarged right ventricle. What is this and what treatment can I expect
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Homeopath 's  Response
hi;
regurgitation means the tricuspid valve is not closing properly & there by leaving space for some blood to flow back during contraction of Right ventricle.Enlarged Rt.ventricle means there are backpressure changes .The best treatment will be decided by your cardiologist whether you require valvuloplasty or any other line of management.It will depend on your symptoms & general condition.Please follow advise of your doctor.
thanks
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. IT WAS MOST HELPFUL. i AM EXPERIENCING PALPITATIONS, BREATHLESSNESS AND SWOLLEN ANKLES.