What is addison's disease. What are the treatment available?

Hello , I would love to know a couple things about the Addison s Disease because i m from a country where the doctors often do not know any better than the patients .. The most important question would be about the treatment of the disease .The doctors said that i need to take cortisone for my whole life . I agree that this could be a treatment but a dangerous one (cortisone is known to be a really strong medicine , so i m afraid about it). Is there any other treatment ? If not , what are the side-effects of taking cortisone for a whole life ? Thank you !
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013